The following statement from president and CEO Joe Hoff explains AST's commitment to maintaining the utmost safety standards while remaining fully operational throughout the current COVID-19 outbreak.
AST COVID-19 Business Continuity Plan
At AST, our highest priority is the health and safety of our Team, Customers, Partners, Vendors, and Communities. As an essential manufacturer, as defined by federal and state guidelines, AST is maintaining the operations required to build and ship equipment. While the COVID-19 outbreak poses many challenges and unknowns, to the extent we can do so safely AST remains equipped to meet the critical needs of our Pharmaceutical customers, who work every day to serve the healthcare needs of the global community.
In keeping with the guidelines and policies established by the CDC, and local, state and federal authorities, here and abroad, AST is taking the following steps to protect the health of our Employees, Customers, Partners, Vendors and surrounding Communities:
- Requiring all employees that can work remotely to do so, using AST provided and managed remote access and collaboration tools
- Conducting all meetings virtually
- Creating separate workspaces to enable maximum social distancing, with a minimum requirement of 10 feet separation, for those whose jobs necessitate working in the AST offices and plant
- Frequently cleaning and sanitizing common areas according to CDC guidelines
- Practicing good hygiene by increasing access to hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes
- Using gloves when shipping and receiving any materials or mail
- Making N95 masks available to those whose jobs necessitate working in the AST offices and plant
- Requiring anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, or known contact with a patient showing symptoms, to stay home
- Restricting travel to only that deemed essential and approved by the CEO
We are closely following any changes in guidance daily and should it become necessary, AST will adjust our COVID-19 Business Continuity Plan.
By taking the steps outlined above, AST can help to stop the spread of this virus.
President and CEO